Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 0: Introduction

So I decided to chronicle my career at KSP in a blog.  Well not really 'decided', more like 'forced to'. With all the uproar about the last director firing cats into space, for science, the board figured they needed some positive press for once, so here I am.  I hope this will turn into a positive experience for all or at least won't get me fired.

Company Photo, Dashing Ain't I?

Tomorrow is my first day of official work and to be honest I am a little nervous.  I don't have much experience with this space stuff, seeing I made my career in box design.  My assistant assures me that being the director is mostly just a political position.  However the last director was a dolphin tamer and he ended up launching cats so here's to hoping everything goes well.

Seeing as I don't know much in the way of rocket science I decided the first thing to do is explain how I got this position in the first place.  I got a degree in the box sciences from Kerman Science Academy 4 years ago, I opened my first box design company 2 years ago and today it is the premiere box design company on the entire planet.  My passion for the perfect angles and maximum efficiency won hearts all over Kerman and the eyes of the board of directors.  

When I was asked to fill the position I jumped at the chance, mostly because they lied and told me it was the director of boxes.  What I didn't know was that they had changed the name of the position just to entice me, it is now Program Director of Kerbal Space Program...and Boxes.  Seeing as I am an Gentleman, and morbidly fascinated with this whole space thing, I am going ahead with it.  

I am told that some of our pilots and engineers are already waiting by my office door with ideas for the next project.  I am sure they are all things that do with space and rockets.  Although I really hope some of them have something to do with boxes and none of them with cats, unless it's that Schrödinger cat I've been hearing about.  Also to the engineer who gave the idea of launching felines to the previous director, I'm going to give you one of my boxes for free...to pack your things.  It's either that or you will be the next 'cat' sent into space if you catch my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment